It’s that time of year—we are reflecting on the past and looking forward to a new year with hope! We have an idea for all the snorers out there. If you are a resolution setter, this one change could make a huge impact on your life—far bigger than just putting a stop to snoring! We suggest this life-changing resolution: get rid of sleep apnea once and for all! We have seen so many patients who have a problem with snoring change their entire health after a sleep apnea diagnosis. Read on to learn the many huge impactful benefits for people who get rid of sleep apnea!
When you get rid of sleep apnea you improve:
• Overall health. When you have sleep apnea, even if you aren’t aware, you can wake up as many as 30 times an hour. Restful sleep is important to your overall health. So this kind of disruption every night over and over can lead to major health risk factors, including heart disease, weight gain, diabetes, high blood pressure, and even stroke. When you get rid of sleep apnea, your health risk factors are greatly reduced!
• Life expectancy. All of the above risk factors reduce life expectancy. Over time, getting rid of sleep apnea can lead to greater longevity because of the many health benefits of a good night’s sleep!
• Your mood and wakefulness. Sleep is very important to mental health and wellbeing. People with obstructive sleep apnea often experience excessive daytime sleepiness, which can interfere with all aspects of your life. A good night of sleep can lead to better memory, concentration, and overall performance. This in turn can reduce the risk of falling asleep driving a car as well!
• Your relationships. An improved mood could impact all relationships in your life. And a good night’s sleep has incredible benefits for your sleep partner! Because of snoring, many bed partners have chosen to sleep apart. A quiet night of sleep for your partner means you can return to sharing a bed, with better sleep for both partners.
• Your sleep! This one is obvious—but the benefits are huge. Finally having meaningful, impactful, deep sleep will be a huge relief for you. You will look forward to all of those amazing Zs.
How do you get rid of sleep apnea?
- Schedule a consultation. The number one step is to get a diagnosis. Visit us for a consultation, where we can conduct an assessment. We will run tests and ask questions. If we suspect sleep apnea, we can even send you home with an at-home sleep study to confirm the diagnosis.
- Understand treatment options. If you are diagnosed with mild to moderate sleep apnea, or you can’t tolerate a CPAP machine, we can help! You can get rid of sleep apnea with an oral appliance. If you are diagnosed with severe sleep apnea, we may recommend you to a doctor who can get you on the path to better sleep and health.
- Use your oral appliance. This device fits into your mouth and is removable like a retainer. It helps to keep the airway open during sleep. This can eliminate snoring and puts a stop to unnecessary nighttime wakeups—helping you get rid of sleep apnea!
Make 2023 the year you get rid of sleep apnea—and improve so many areas of your life as a result! Schedule your consultation today.