To Our Valued Patients:
Our entire office hopes that you are all safe and healthy during this unprecedented time.
As some of you know, I have been available for patients to call me every Tuesday and Thursday for Tele-Dentistry for the past 2 months. I have spoken with many of you by Virtual Consult. Our office has also been open to treat your emergencies.
Now I am happy to announce that our office will be officially open Tuesday, June 2, 2020. Team Rondeau is ready to start helping you on your pathway to health. I would like to explain some of the new protocols that we have implemented to ensure a safe environment for our patients:
- Health Questionnaire will be filled out prior to your arrival and on your arrival.
- Non-contact temperature taken for all patients.
- Hand sanitizers upon arrival and departure.
- New glass barrier on reception desk to help protect patients.
- We have implemented social distancing for the reception area. Only 5 chairs available at 6 feet apart. We have had to replace our chairs covered with fabric with chairs that are now easily disinfected.
- Patients will be asked to stay in their cars until the time of their appointment.
- The problem in most dental offices is the creation of aerosols when using high speed hand pieces for doing fillings and crowns. We do use these hand pieces when placing or removing orthodontic braces. At this point we do not have enough PPE (personal Protection Equipment) to perform these procedures. However, we are able to change archwires, adjust appliances, (splints, snoring appliances, etc) at this time. Hopefully in a few weeks we will be able to do all procedures once the PPE products arrive. Many hospitals are also having problems securing PPE.
- All of our team will be wearing surgical masks at all times in an effort to protect our patients.
- Please bring your own mask when you come to the office which we would like you to wear when you come in and also when you leave the office to protect other patients.
- We have also ordered 10 Air Purifiers for the office which are used in hospitals all over the world. The research shows that it kills 99.9% of all viruses and bacteria.
- Patients will also be asked to rinse with hydrogen peroxide for 1 minute when they arrive in the treatment room.
- As always, all treatment rooms will be disinfected between patients.
Due to all of the reasons mentioned we obviously will not be able to see as many patients per day due to our commitment to keeping our patient safe when they are at our office. My Team and I are looking forward to seeing you all again.
I assure you, even though you can’t see it due to the mask, we are all smiling!
Dr. Rondeau & Team Rondeau