Should I get braces? 9 Reasons Why the Answer is Yes
Many people, especially adults, put off orthodontic and even dental work, considering it optional. But if you find yourself asking, “Should I get braces?”, consider the following reasons why the answer may be an overwhelming “Yes!”
1. It’s not just about cosmetics. Getting your teeth aligned is extremely important for the long term care of your teeth. A bad bite can cause unnecessary wear and tear—when your teeth should be able to withstand a lifetime of use! Also, misaligned teeth can lead to a host of other hygiene issues, like tooth decay and gum disease. Braces give you the best chance to keep your permanent teeth!
2. But also, cosmetics! There are all sorts of studies that show the benefits of having a confident smile, including improved self-esteem, nailing first impressions, and smiling more often even reduces stress and possibly leads to a longer life! [link to December’s article]
3. Braces can correct mild-to-severe bite problems. Braces and orthodontics have advanced to correct bite problems and protect your teeth with ease. This preventive care is a far better option than painful work later in life!
4. A consultation is free. If you have the question “Should I get braces,” and you can get an answer with no upfront cost and a simple visit, it is worth finding out a professional opinion! Rondeau and Associates offers free consultations to help you get the answer.
5. You are not alone. Orthodontic work isn’t just for kids anymore. In fact, according to the American Association of Orthodontics, one in three patients is over the age of 18—putting adult orthodontics at an all-time high.
6. You are probably just the right age. Not only are adults getting braces more often, but early orthodontic work is extremely effective! In fact, orthodontics may help anyone from the age of 4 up. With early orthodontic work, you have the chance to make room for adult teeth before they come in. And for adults, all of the benefits apply at any age.
7. It’s more comfortable than ever. Gone are the days of a huge, disrupting mouth of metal. Materials in orthodontics have advanced to smaller, lighter options. And with clear aligners, it doesn’t even have to be noticeable or disruptive at all! Remove your aligners for eating, or for important meetings or moments.
8. Timelines are shortened. Because orthodontic technology has advanced, X rays and planning make the process more precise and custom than ever before.
9. It can improve your mental health and well-being. Just the fact that you are asking “should I get braces” shows that it is on your mind. And studies have shown that there is a link between your personal perception of your oral health and your overall mood. The World Health Organization even says, “Oral health is essential to general health and quality of life.”
So when you ask “Should I get braces?” The likely answer is yes! At the very least, get a consultation at Rondeau and Associates and let us give you all the information you need to make an informed personal decision. Sign up for your consultation today.