Articles & News
by Dr. Rondeau
- Sleep Apnea
- TMD/TMJ Jaw Disorders
Straighten Your Smile Discreetly
Are you an older teen or adult who hates their smile but thinks it’s a little too late to get braces? While we know that many people as they get older may not like the idea of wearing brackets and wires on their teeth for a year or two, what if our London, ON, dentists at Dr. Rondeau & Associates told you that you could straighten your smile more discreetly without metal braces? It’s now possible with the help of Invisalign.
No doubt you’ve already heard about Invisalign, a revolutionary system that uses a set of clear aligners that fit over your teeth to shift them into the proper place over time. Each aligner is tailor-made to fit your teeth, so it will provide the perfect fit each time.
Not only that but also these aligners are made from clear, flexible medical-grade plastic, so they are completely transparent. This makes the treatment a lot more discreet, so people won’t initially be able to tell that you have braces.
Here are some facts you should know about living with Invisalign:
- Aligners are removable so you won’t have to brush and floss around metal brackets and wires. Your oral routine remains entirely the same as it did before you got braces. Also, you can enjoy eating all of your favorite foods without restriction, since aligners can be removed prior to eating or drinking.
- Even though aligners are removable, you’ll still want to wear them for about 20 to 22 hours every day to ensure that you get the results you want.
- In order to keep your aligners stain-free and transparent, this means that you’ll also want to maintain and clean them every day. There are Invisalign cleaning kits out there that you can use to make sure your aligners remain transparent and free of bacteria.
- You’ll change out your aligners every two weeks. Over time, you’ll begin to notice subtle changes in the shape and alignment of your smile.
- You’ll also need to visit our London, ON, office for checkups about every six weeks to make sure that you are getting the results you want, that your teeth and gums are still healthy, and that your treatment is on track.
Do you want to get Invisalign in London, ON? Are you ready to take the next step to find out if you are an ideal candidate for treatment? Then it’s time you called Dr. Rondeau & Associates today at (519) 455-4110 to schedule your consultation.